Frank Susman is a member of the firm’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group. Frank concentrates his practice in the areas of litigation, business law, securities and municipal law. He has extensive litigation experience involving matters in more than 16 different federal districts and more than six different state court systems. He has extensive appellate experience, having handled 145 appellate matters before various state appellate courts and three different federal circuit courts of appeal, including cases before the Missouri Supreme Court and eight cases before the United States Supreme Court, five of which he argued. Most recently, having lost at both the trial and appellate levels, Frank successfully won a constitutional law case before an unanimous New Mexico Supreme Court. Frank has been a frequent speaker at law schools throughout the United States and has appeared on numerous national radio and television programs involving cases he has handled and legal matters of general interest. He has received over 50 awards for his work in the areas of civil liberties and women’s rights. Frank served for several years as Adjunct Professor of Constitutional Law at Western State College University in Gunnison, CO. Frank has been active in the law enforcement arena, having served as a member of the St. Louis Crime Commission, as a special advisor to the St. Louis County Council on police affairs and as a commissioned officer in several municipalities in the St. Louis area, having achieved the rank of Lieutenant Colonel (homicide).
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, 2005-2007, 2013
- Ethical Humanist of the Year Award, J.F. Hornback, 1977
- Reproductive Health Services Award, 1983
- Founder’s Award, National Council of Jewish Women, 1985
- Mid-Missouri American Civil Liberties Union “Civil Liberties Award,” 1989
- “Good Guy Award,” National Women’s Political Caucus, Washington, DC, 1989
- Lifetime Achievement Award, of the CARAL North, San Francisco, CA, 1989
- “Award of Appreciation” from the Lawyers Club of San Diego County, CA, 1990
- Special Recognition Award, National Council of Jewish Women, 1990
- “Special Recognition and Honor Award” from the Missouri Association of Nurse Anesthetists, 2002
- Outstanding Alumnus, Honorary Order of the Coif, Washington University Law School, 1991
Contact Frank Susman at 314.333.3924 or email@example.com.