Former St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay serves as Of Counsel at Spencer Fane offering clients a unique depth of leadership, judgement and problem solving experience in helping them meet their strategic business objectives. In his role with Spencer Fane, Francis advises businesses on a full spectrum of legal issues and works with the firm’s legal teams to meet those needs across a range of practice areas.
Prior to his long-standing service to the City of St. Louis, Francis was a private practice attorney for 20 years. He was a trial lawyer and partner in a St. Louis law firm where he concentrated his practice on complex commercial litigation. He has represented businesses in state and federal trial and appellate courts on a broad range of disputes, including breach of contract, fraud, patent infringement, products liability, a variety of statutory causes of action, and other business related matters.
Francis combines his substantial legal knowledge with his experience in public service to advise clients in both the public and private sectors. He works with clients from a wide variety of industries with a focus on real estate and economic development, government affairs, public finance, regulatory work, and related business transactions.
- Member, St. Louis Regional Chamber Board of Directors, 2018-present
- St. Louis Mayor, 2001-2017
- Member, East-West Gateway Council of Governments Board of Directors, 1995-2017
- Member, Forest Park Forever Board of Directors, 2001-2017
- President, St. Louis Board of Aldermen, 1995-2001
- Member, St Louis Board of Aldermen 1985-1995
- St. Louis University School of Law Hall of Fame, 2019
- St. Louis Regional Chamber Right Arm of St. Louis Award, 2016
- Bi-State Development Leadership Award, 2016
- Missouri Lawyers Influential Lawyers Award, 2015
- St. Louis Bar Foundation Spirit of Justice Award, 2009
Contact Francis Slay at 314.333.3951 or email@example.com.