Eric Combs is a litigator with an emphasis in oil and gas matters. Eric provides his clients with focused, persistent and well-communicated strategies in defending and pursuing their legal claims. Eric spent several early years of his practice representing various Oklahoma hospitals, physicians and other medical practitioners in a wide range of complex cases, including medical and professional negligence, contracts, class actions, premises liability and intentional torts.
Eric has experience representing various governmental entities in the state of Oklahoma in cases arising under the Oklahoma Governmental Tort Claims Act. He has also represented a trade association of medical practitioners in various administrative legal matters.
Prior to entering the legal field, Eric worked in collegiate athletics compliance at the University of Central Oklahoma and Missouri Southern State University. Eric also worked in the sports broadcasting industry with several national and local entities.
Highlights of Eric Combs’ experience include:
- Achieved outright dismissal by opposing party in medical negligence suit after obtaining partial summary judgment on basis of supervening cause.
- Obtained summary judgment in premises liability suit based on indemnity language in subcontractor agreement and lack of employment relationship with tortfeasor.
- Achieved judicial dismissal of medical negligence and negligent credentialing suit pursuant to “relation back doctrine” and failure of Plaintiff to provide timely notice of suit to defendant.
- Obtained summary judgment in putative class action case involving claims of breach of contract and violations of the Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of governmental entity on claims of fraud, misrepresentation and deceit.
- Assistant Football Coach, Wide Receivers, Putnam City High School (OKC)
- Volunteer, Fields and Futures
- Volunteer, Wes Welker Foundation
- Member, ZooFriends (Oklahoma City Zoo)
- Edmond All Sports Incorporated, Volunteer
- Oklahoma Bar Association Legislative Monitoring Committee
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Jim Thorpe Association & Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame, Executive Council
- National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame, Oklahoma Chapter
Contact Eric Combs at 405.753.5935 or email@example.com.
Click here to connect with Eric on LinkedIn.