Eric Peterson represents clients in financial litigation, turnarounds, and commercial bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy insolvency proceedings, such as receiverships, assignments for the benefit of creditors, commercial collection matters, and out-of-court debt restructurings. He is an experienced litigator, defending banks and large corporations in relation to a wide array of commercial claims and trade disputes.
Eric is a Co-Chair of the Missouri Bar Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights Committee, and is the Chair of the Missouri Bar Subcommittee on Commercial Receivership. He is also active in the American Bankruptcy Institute and Turnaround Management Association.
Eric is a believer in the value of bankruptcy mediation for a variety of dispute types, whether simple or complex. He is trained as a mediator through the American Bankruptcy Institute/St. John’s Law School Bankruptcy Mediation Training Program – the premier bankruptcy mediation training available. He is also a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute Bankruptcy Mediation Committee.
Eric is a frequent speaker and writer on commercial receivership, bankruptcy and insolvency law and presents several panel discussions annually. He is admitted to practice in Missouri, Washington DC, Maryland, and California.
- The Five Essential parts of a Franchisee Bankruptcy, The Franchise Lawyer, American Bar Association Forum on Franchising, Fall, 2015
- Getting Personal, Los Angeles Lawyer, December 2007
- Caveat Emptor: Let the Buyer Beware a Sale May Not Really be a Sale, Bankruptcy Bulletin, November 2007
- Manufacturers Have More Freedom to Regulate Distributor Pricing, Electronic Retailer, November 2007
- Commentary: D&O Coverage for Bankruptcy Litigation – Does the Insured vs. Insured Exception Leave Executives Exposed, Andrews Litigation Reporter, July, 2007
- The New Missouri Commercial Receivership Act, MoBar 2017 Annual Bankruptcy Institute, February, 2017
- 2016 The New Missouri Commercial Receivership Act, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Webinar, December, 2016
- Missouri Independent Bankers Association, 39th Annual convention & Expo, Legal Eagle Panel, September 14, 2016
- Missouri Bar Annual Meeting and Judicial Conference, The New Missouri Commercial Receivership Act, September 23, 2016
- 2016, The New Missouri Commercial Receivership Act (Webinar), December 8, 2016
- Bankruptcy Court Litigation, Missouri Bar, December 2012
- Director and Officer Litigation in Bankruptcy, Beverly Hills Bar Association, May, 2008
- Bankruptcy Litigation 101 – Fraudulent Transfers, Preferences, and Claims Litigation, National Bankruptcy Institute
- Board of Jewish Family & Children’s Services (nonprofit)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bankruptcy Institute Mediation Committee
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Louis Regional Commerce Growth Association
- Show-Me Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- Chair, Missouri Bar Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights Committee, 2016 – present
- Vice chair, Missouri Bar Commercial Law Committee, 2014-2015
- Chair, Missouri Bar Subcommittee on Commercial Receivership, 2013 – present
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2015-2019
- 2013 Top Small Business Lawyer, St. Louis Small Business Monthly, February, 2013
- Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2005-2009
Contact Eric Peterson at 314.333.3937 or firstname.lastname@example.org.