Elizabeth Wente assists employers in employment counseling and employment litigation matters. Elizabeth’s primary focus is providing counseling and risk management services to assist clients in reducing their potential risk for employment-related litigation claims in the future.
To reduce such risks, Elizabeth advises employers on issues such as policy drafting, handbook reviews, hiring decisions, drafting employment agreements, discipline and termination decisions, drafting separation agreements, reductions in force, misclassification issues, providing leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and accommodating employees with disabilities.
Elizabeth also conducts internal investigations for employers and internal audits of employers’ human resources practices in order to identify potential areas of improvement. Further, she assists clients in developing and conducting training programs for supervisors and non-supervising employees regarding issues such as harassment and discrimination, employers’ obligations under the FMLA and the Americans with Disabilities Act, best practices for supervisors, updates on employment law issues, and wage and hour issues.
Elizabeth also represents employers in litigation matters including handling administrative charges and lawsuits regarding various employment claims such as discrimination and harassment claims, wrongful termination in violation of public policy claims, and non-competition disputes. Additionally, she assists employers with traditional labor issues such as unfair labor practices charges and arbitrations.
- The Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- Child Advocacy Center, Board of Directors, 2012-present, Board Development Committee, 2015-2016, Executive Committee, 2017-present
- Junior League of Springfield
- Kids Count, Assistant Chair (2011-2012)
- Kids Count, Assistant Chair (2011-2012) and Chair (2012-2013)
- Arrangements, Assistant Chair (2016-2017)
- Community Committee (2012-2013)
Contact Elizabeth Wente at 417.888.1038 or firstname.lastname@example.org.