Doug Knox focuses his practice on representing franchise companies, financial institutions and other business entities in a wide range of complex commercial litigation and business transactions. Doug has built up significant experience with bench and jury trials in his career, but much of his work involves providing counsel to his clients on business transactions, regulatory compliance, estate and trust planning and other areas of risk management. His litigation practice includes handling matters involving contractual disputes, business torts, probate and fiduciary litigation, consumer protection claims, trademark and trade secret disputes, unfair trade practices, class actions, and insurance coverage disputes.
Additionally, Doug has handled a wide variety appellate work.
Highlights of Doug’s experience include:
- Obtaining a favorable trial judgment on behalf of a franchise company against a competitor for claims of tortious interference and trade secret misappropriation
- Defeating class certification of consumer claims brought under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act
- Obtaining injunctive relief enjoining trade secret misappropriation on behalf of a franchise company against a competitor and former employee
To view additional experience, please click here.
Presentations and Publications
- “Proposed Bill Threatens Franchising In Florida”, Law360 Expert Analysis, February 2017
- “Can I Give You a Call? Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) Dos, Don’ts, and Defenses”, Corporate Counsel Section Luncheon/CLE, March 2016
- The Florida Bar (Pro Bono Policies Chair, Appellate Practice Section)
- Voices for Children (Board of Directors, Member)
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
Contact Doug Knox at 813.424.3502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to connect with Doug on LinkedIn.