Donald G. Heeman represents clients in business litigation and professional licensing matters, obtaining verdicts and judgments through both trial and motion practice in state, federal and appellate courts. Don routinely represents defendants in nationwide class actions involving various state and federal claims, including antitrust claims and claims brought under ERISA.
Don also represents primary and secondary mortgage lenders in repurchase, breach of contract and RMBS litigation, serving as counsel for a prominent liquidating trust on cases involving national repurchase and indemnification matters. He represents mortgage servicers in defending regulatory claims, including allegations involving claims under Dodd-Frank. As a former State of Minnesota Assistant Attorney General in the Consumer Protection Division enforcing the State of Minnesota’s fraud and unfair trade practices statutes, he brings unique perspective to his representation of clients in investigations and lawsuits brought by state and federal regulators.
Beyond his work in these areas, he also frequently represents physicians, nurses, pharmacists and security officers in professional licensing investigations and other inquiries, including matters before the Minnesota Office of Administrative Hearings.
Highlights of Don’s experience include:
- In re RFC & ResCap Liquidating Trust, Case No. 13-CV-3451 (SRN/HB) (RMBS litigation)
- BVS, Inc. v. CDW Direct, LLC, 88 F. Supp. 3d 948 (N.D. Iowa 2015) (business litigation/breach of contract)
- GMAC Mortgage, LLC v. Southport Bank, 2015 WL 1573387 (E.D. Pa. April 9, 2015) (mortgage repurchase litigation)
To view additional experience, please click here.
Presentations and Publications
- “9 Strategies for Succeeding in Your Next Deposition,” MCLE, 2014
- “Complying with Federal Mortgage Lending Laws: Mortgage Repurchase Litigation,” MCLE, 2011
- “Facing an Allegation – What to do if the Board of Medical Practice Calls,” Minnesota Physician, 2008
- “Corporation Liability Under the Theories of Piercing the Corporate Veil and Alter Ego,” MCLE, 2006
- “Health Care Coverage for Older Adults: Prescription Drugs and Other Issues,” MCLE, 2003
- Multiple nominations by Minnesota Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star and Super Lawyer, Minnesota Law & Politics
Contact Don Heeman at 612.268.7005 or email@example.com.
Click here to connect with Don on LinkedIn.