- Negotiates collective bargaining agreements on behalf of transportation, manufacturing and construction employers under the National Labor Relations Act and Railway Labor Act.
- Defends companies and managers in employment lawsuits filed in state and federal courts and in union arbitrations.
- Handles Charges of Discrimination and Unfair Labor Practice Charges before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, National Labor Relations Board and National Mediation Board.
- Advises employers in employment decisions, including discipline, discharge and leave issues.
- Conducts investigations into harassment and discrimination complaints, and/or provides guidance to the employer as it conducts such investigations.
- Trains supervisors and managers on workplace best practices for managing equal employment opportunity obligations, avoiding harassment, discrimination and retaliation claims, responding to employee discrimination and harassment complaints, administering accommodation and leave issues, drafting corrective actions and other documentation, conducting performance reviews, handling discipline and discharge decisions, and avoiding third-party interference. She also trains employees, on topics such as anti-harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
- Prepares and updates employment policies, handbooks, and agreements.