Denise Delcore prevents and solves workplace problems for company owners, managers and human resource professionals. She is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and as a SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), the preeminent nationally recognized credentials for those who have mastered the strategic and policy-making aspects of Human Resources management in the United States.
To reduce the risk of costly litigation and workplace distractions from arising in the first place, Denise partners with business leaders on preventative, cost-saving measures that reduce risk and increase employee productivity and satisfaction. She provides proactive human resources counseling, conducts human resource audits, develops compliance programs (including on wage and hour issues and employee leave and accommodation administration under the FMLA and ADA), presents workplace training, prepares workplace policies, procedures, and employment contracts, and counsels employers on risk management strategies. She advises managers and human resource professionals when they are making and executing termination decisions, preparing and issuing disciplinary actions, responding to sexual harassment and discrimination allegations, administering leave and disability accommodations, and solving workplace conflicts. She trains supervisors and managers on best practices and provides employee training, including anti-harassment/ anti-discrimination/ anti-retaliation training.
Denise focuses on management-side labor relations and proceedings before state and federal agencies. Under the National Labor Relations Act and Railway Labor Act, Denise defends employers against unions in representation elections, unfair labor practice charges, and grievances before the National Labor Relations Board, National Mediation Board, National Railroad Adjustment Board, and the Federal Judiciary, as well as in arbitration proceedings. She works with employers covered under the Railway Labor Act to improve and streamline the internal disciplinary investigation hearing process. Denise also advises clients through government audits and defends employers against claims filed with the Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and state agencies.
Denise tries jury trials for management-side clients battling harassment, discrimination, retaliation, non-compete and other employment related administrative charges and lawsuits. She has significant jury trial experience, as well as appellate experience, having prevailed before the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, the Missouri Supreme Court and the Missouri Eastern District Court of Appeals. Having formerly served as a plaintiff’s side trial lawyer handling Missouri Human Rights Act and Title VII cases, Denise has unique insights into the difficult issues faced by her defense clients.
Community Involvement / Volunteering
- Board Director, Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (“MOCSA”)
- Board Director, The Pembroke Hill School Alumni Association
- Council Member, Kansas City Symphony Business Council
- Association of General Contractors (“AGC”)
- The Builders’ Association/ KC Chapter of AGC
- Society for Human Resource Management (“SHRM”)
- American Public Transportation Association (“APTA”) (Member of Human Resources Committee and Labor Sub-Committees)
- American Bar Association (“ABA”)/ Member of Railway and Airline Labor Law Committee and Development of the Law Under the National Labor Relations Act Committee
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri and Kansas Bar Associations
- Selected for inclusion in Ingram’s 40 Under Forty
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, 2014-2018
Contact Denise Delcore at 913.327.5140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to connect with Denise on LinkedIn.