Davis Bradford is a problem solver. An experienced trial attorney, he helps clients resolve difficult business disputes. Whether using litigation, arbitration, negotiation, or more informal means, he resolves complex matters through gaining an early understanding of his clients’ businesses, formulating an aggressive strategy to meet each clients’ needs, and using the calculated application of leverage.
Davis has advocated for clients in federal courts, numerous state courts, international and local arbitrations, including the AAA, FINRA, and the International Center for Dispute Resolution, and local and cross-border negotiations. He has handled and successfully tried multi-million dollar, complex cases involving multiple parties, intricate procedural histories, and extensive amounts of witnesses and documents as well as smaller disputes involving fewer parties and streamlined discovery.
Although a trial attorney by training, Davis advises clients in a wide range of business arenas. Examples of Davis’ experience include counseling and representing clients in matters related to breach of contract, oil and gas disputes, real estate disputes, construction disputes, employment agreements, trade secrets, non-competition agreements, partnerships, government investigations, insurance coverage questions, landlord-tenant issues, liens, open records requests, fraud, injunctive relief, and business disparagement.
Highlights of Davis’ experience include:
- Winning more than $15 million in a multi-party international arbitration involving a Chinese rig manufacturer, multiple 100+ million dollar contracts with a Venezuelan state-owned oil company, a Venezuelan services company, and a Houston-based oil and gas services company.
- Obtaining summary judgment on all monetary claims (over $7 million) a bank entity levied against his client in a breach of contract and real property restrictions dispute.
- Recovering over $1.4 million for a client via an arbitration award in a dispute over a breach of a purchase and sale agreement.
- Securing a world-wide temporary injunction in Texas for a valve manufacturer in a dispute over enforcement of a non-competition agreement.
- Representing a local, family-owned medical supply company sued by a multinational manufacturer. Davis found evidence the Plaintiff owed Davis’ client more than the amount for which the Plaintiff had originally sued. This discovery led to a counterclaim and a favorable settlement in this proverbial David v. Goliath style lawsuit.
Click here to view additional experience.
- American Bar Association, Air and Space Law Committee
- Houston Bar Association
Contact Davis Bradford at 713.212.2634 or email@example.com.