David Schatz leads the firm’s Construction Group and assists contractors, owners and design professionals with all phases of the construction process. David drafts and negotiates contracts, advises clients on day-to- day business ventures, tries lawsuits, and is involved in arbitrations.
Working closely with the firm’s real estate team, David also assists clients with all phases of real estate development and construction.
David has extensive trial experience, handling over 75 trials and arbitrations involving a variety of construction disputes, contract and tort claims.
Highlights of David Schatz’s experience include:
- Served as lead counsel on trial teams representing contractors in multimillion-dollar arbitrations and trials involving private and public projects.
- Served as lead counsel on a trial team that obtained a jury verdict of $5 million against an insurance company on behalf of a contractor.
- Obtained a multimillion-dollar settlement on behalf of an owner in a dispute with a national contractor.
- Serves as lead counsel and day-to-day advisor for financial institutions on local and national construction and real estate litigation issues.
- Construction counsel for universities.
- Involved in construction contracts for multiple NFL stadium projects.
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Board of Directors, 2007-present
- The Missouri Bar
- Roberts American Inn of Court
- Lawyers Encouraging Academic Performance, Board of Directors, 2010-present
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri Volunteer Attorney Project
- United Way of Greater Kansas City, Allocation Review
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2021-2022
- Super Lawyers, Missouri and Kansas, 2014-2021
- Super Lawyers, Missouri and Kansas Rising Star, Construction Litigation, 2009 and 2011-2012
- Kansas City Business Journal, Best of the Bar, 2014-2015
Contact David Schatz at 816.292.8163 or email@example.com.