David M. Miller works closely with individuals and companies, providing guidance and counsel in all aspects of bankruptcy law and commercial litigation. All clients, both debtors and creditors, benefit from Miller’s extensive knowledge and experience in bankruptcy and related matters.
Clerking for two bankruptcy judges early in his career has provided experience that served his clients well. He advocates tenaciously for his clients, resolving differences and achieving successful outcomes, including several precedent-setting outcomes in Colorado courts.
Miller strives to anticipate unforeseen consequences and protect clients as they grapple with bankruptcy and reorganization issues.
Highlights of David’s experience include:
- AST Sports Science, Inc. v. CLF Distribution Ltd., 514 F.3rd 1054, (10th Cir. 2008). Miller argued successfully for the reversal of a dismissal order before the Tenth Circuit, setting new precedent in the area of personal jurisdiction.
- In re Gardner, 2013 WL 3804594 (Bankr.D.Colo. 2013). Miller set new Colorado precedent relating to the scope of allowable exemptions sought to be claimed by bankruptcy debtors.
- Miller successfully represented groups of homeowners in protecting their rights to pursue homebuilders on construction defect claims in large, nationally recognized bankruptcy cases in Delaware, New York and Florida.
Presentations and Publications
- Miller lectures frequently on bankruptcy topics throughout Colorado and Wyoming.
- Member, Board of Directors, The ARC of Jefferson, Clear Creek and Gilpin Counties
- Member, Bankruptcy Subcommittee, Colorado Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Panel member, Chapter 7 Trustees, District of Colorado, 1996-2002
- Staff attorney, Standing Chapter 13 Trustee, District of Colorado, 1989-1990
- Colorado Super Lawyers®, Bankruptcy, 2012
- Law Week Colorado Barrister’s Best: 2016 People’s Choice, Best Bankruptcy Attorney
Contact David Miller at 303.592.8332 or email@example.com.