A fellow with the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, Dave Wing solves difficult employment problems for employers in the areas of traditional labor, human resource counseling and training, and employment litigation.
Dave advises clients on traditional labor issues such as employees organizing unions, walking off the job, striking, picketing, leafleting, circulating petitions, or using media or social media to harm an employer’s reputation. Additionally, Dave help clients deal with unions or employees filing unfair labor practice charges with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) or the National Mediation Board (NMB). He also defends employers in hearings and other proceedings before those boards. Additionally, Dave advises employers with unions that are negotiating collective bargaining agreements or filing grievances and arbitrations existing collective bargaining agreements.
In the area of human resource counseling, Dave counsels clients on managing physicians, executives, sales representatives, supervisors and employees who are disruptive, impaired or have inordinately strong personalities. Dave guides clients on how to handle difficult situations such as employees failing to perform or engaging in misconduct; employees claiming discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, or whistleblowing; employees challenging wage payment and other employment policies and practices; and employees attempting to use employment laws to excuse poor performance or misconduct.
In employment litigation, Dave represents clients in single and multi-plaintiff lawsuits, arbitrations, and other claims including those under the ADA, ADEA, FMLA, Title VII, Section 1981, Section 1983, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (“WARN”), the Missouri Human Rights Act, Kansas Acts Against Discrimination, employment contracts, public policy wrongful discharge, retaliation and workers’ compensation retaliation.
Dave Wing focuses his practice in the following industries:
- Health Care
- Professional Services
Highlights of Dave Wing’s experience include:
- Represents private and public sector employers in collective bargaining negotiations, grievances, arbitrations, unfair labor practice charges and proceedings, union avoidance training, and union campaigns and elections in the health care, manufacturing, railroad, educational and services industries, among others.
- Represents employers under the National Labor Relations Act, the Railway Labor Act and state counterparts to these federal laws.
- Advises private and public sector employers in evaluating disciplinary and termination decisions and documentation. This analysis either leads to the discipline or termination of the employee or to additional steps to reduce the risk of litigation.
To view Dave Wing’s additional representative experience, please click here.
- American Bar Associations
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas Hospital Association Healthcare Attorneys
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Greater Kansas City Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri Society of Hospital Attorneys
- Labor Relations Advisory Committee
- Chambers USA Labor & Employment 2015
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, 2007-2017
- The Best Lawyers in America® – Lawyer of the Year 2014 and 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America® – 2007-2019
- Fellow of the ABA College of Labor and Employment Attorneys
- Labor, OSHA and Human Resources Committee of AHLA, Chair, 1998-2001
Contact Dave Wing at 913.327.5143 or 816.292.8171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to connect with Dave on LinkedIn.