David Banko is an intellectual property lawyer who transforms clients’ concepts and ideas into fully developed intellectual property strategies. As a registered patent attorney, he regularly assists clients in all areas of intellectual property development and protection, including patent, trademark and copyright procurement, registration and defense. Whether managing international portfolios or drafting licensing agreements, David’s goal is to understand his clients’ needs and then plan, design and implement strategies to address those needs.
David’s patent experience includes the drafting and successful registration of patents in the areas of computer hardware and software, pharmaceuticals and medical devices, and electrical and mechanical technologies. David often assists businesses and individuals in settling ownership and contract disputes, drafting partnership, transfer, assignment, and licensing agreements, and asserting and defending infringement claims for patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
Presentations and Publications
- “Big Issues for Small Stuff: Nanotechnology Regulation and Risk Management,” 52 Jurimetrics (Spring 2012).
- “Iron Salts Inhibit Biofilm Formation of Pseudomonas aeruginosa,” Journal of Chemistry and Biology (July 2005).
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Coach and Student Mentor
- American Bar Association
- Arizona Bar Association
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot – Hong Kong – Coach – 2nd Place Overall (2015), Brief Writing Honorable Mention (2012), San Diego – 1st Place Individual Performance (2013)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Intensive Legal Research and Writing (2011) and Lisa Foundation Patent Law Clinic (2012)
- Research Grant from the Center of Advanced Materials for the Purification of Water with Systems (WATERCAMPWS) – Biofilm Disruption (2005)
Contact David Banko at 602.333.5441 or firstname.lastname@example.org.