- Representation as lead counsel of a joint board for two hospitals for reducing a physician’s hospital privileges in a federal lawsuit alleging violations of 42 USC §1981 racial discrimination, antitrust, defamation, and various state law claims that include business interference, breach of contract and intentional infliction of emotional distress. All claims but antitrust and 1981 were subject to the HCQIA immunity. Additionally, there were issues associated with reporting the event to the National Practitioner Data Bank, which was on appeal to the Fifth Circuit.
- Representation of the Appellate Panel in a peer review dispute.
- Representation of many physicians related to employment contracts.
- Representation of nurses, physical therapists, and physicians before licensing boards.
- Lead counsel in successfully defending providers in medical negligence cases to defense jury verdicts as well as an argument before the Texas Appeals Courts, including the Texas Supreme Court.