E. Dale Burrus has represented health care providers (facilities, physicians, and allied health providers) in all areas of law. She provides clients with counsel in litigation, risk management, peer review, contract review, and payer issues.
In addition, Dale handles regulatory issues involving billing and fraud and abuse; represents all practitioners before their respective licensing boards; and serves as general counsel on issues associated with contract and employer disputes, creation of business practices, and evaluation of proposed business deals for regulatory compliance.
As her career and experience demonstrates, she is passionate about assisting all providers both before and after a conflict arises. She assists in the prevention of a dispute or vigorously defends if and when the need arises.
In 1999, she successfully completed her LLM in Health Law at the University of Houston Health Law & Policy Institute.
Highlights of Dale’s experience include:
- Serving as lead counsel in representing a long-term health care system on matters regarding RUG payments, ZPIC investigations and false claim allegations related to improper billing.
- Serving as general counsel to physicians, pharmacists and radiology services, and addressing issues such as Stark, illegal remuneration, noncompete agreements, telemedicine, HIPAA, HITECH, and medical record keeping.
- Serving as lead counsel in successfully defending providers in medical negligence cases to defense jury verdicts as well as an argument before the Texas Appeals Courts, including the Texas Supreme Court.
Presentations and Publications
- Co-author of Texas Medical Malpractice Defense textbook
- Archway Academy, Board and Executive Committee Member
- Greater Houston Society for Healthcare Risk Management, President
- Texas Super Lawyers®, 2014 to present
- Houston’s Top Lawyers, H Magazine, 2015 to present
Contact Dale Burrus at 713.212.2619 or firstname.lastname@example.org.