Crawford Moorefield provides clients with legal counsel in how to structure complex business transactions for corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and other business entities. He makes sure all transactions keep in mind all applicable federal income taxation considerations.
Moorefield has extensive experience in complex business restructurings, including those involving distressed corporations and partnerships, as well as matters related to complex debt and equity instruments. He also structures tax-advantaged asset monetizations, including publicly traded partnerships, royalty trusts, real estate investment trusts and other tax-deferred asset disposition strategies, and assists with restructurings in acquisition, divestiture, monetization and restructuring of regulated power generation assets.
Other significant portions of Moorefield’s practice involve taxation of oil and gas, timber and real estate investments and financial derivatives. He has written and lectured on partnerships, bankruptcy and real estate taxation.
Highlights of Crawford’s experience include:
- Represented large publicly traded energy company in structuring and negotiating acquisition of over $4 billion in power generation assets from private equity fund in tax-free transaction.
- Represented large publicly traded E&P company in issuance of over $6 billion of debt, including floating rate and zero coupon debt instruments.
- Represented large private equity fund in $350 million acquisition of water and wastewater services subsidiary of non-U.S. holding company.
Presentations and Publications
- “The CARES Act: What’s in it for You and Your Taxes? Key changes to the Tax Code after COVID-19,” April 22, 2020
- Oil & Gas Tax Law, State Bar of Texas’ Tax Law in a Day, February 2017
- Oil & Gas Tax Law, State Bar of Texas’ Tax Law in a Day, February 2016
- Oil & Gas Issues in the Eagle Ford Shale Play, Texas Society of CPAs – Corpus Christi’s Annual Tax Conference, February 2013
- Eagle Ford Shale: Legal & Tax Issues, San Antonio CPA Symposium, September 2012
- Houston Arboretum and Nature Center, trustee; former president
- Best Lawyers in America®, 2021
- Super Lawyers®, 2007 – 2009
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Contact Crawford Moorefield at 713.214.2645 or email@example.com.