Courtney Davis Powell focuses on litigation. She helps clients resolve disputes so that they may focus their energies on other matters. She is skilled at uncovering the issues and facts in a case, developing a strategic plan and crafting a story to achieve the desired results. Her practice is wide ranging, including, business litigation, employment law and constitutional law.
In addition, Courtney works closely with business clients in virtually all areas of employment law, including, non-compete agreements, Fair Labor Standards Act, civil rights litigation, state and federal litigation, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission issues, employer investigations and employment contract disputes.
Highlights of Courtney Davis Powell’s experience include:
- Counseled clients in strengthening their employee handbooks and non-compete agreements to prevent litigation.
- Successfully defended against challenges to multiple municipalities enforcement of state ordinances.
- Successfully worked with clients in developing litigation plans to protect and achieve desired results.
Presentations and Publications
- Author, “E-mail and Backup and Production – Oh My! Electronically Stored Information under the Oklahoma Discovery Code and Practical Steps to Take When Dealing with ESI,” Oklahoma Bar Journal, 2011
- Speaker, “Intelligent Use of Discovery in Preparation for Mediation and Arbitration,” Oklahoma Bar Association, October 2017
- Speaker/Instructor, Lorman Education Services – labor and employment law issues
- Speaker, Oklahoma Employment Law Association
- Nichols Hills Elementary PTA, Officer
- Mentor at various elementary schools
- Moot Court Volunteer Judge
- Previous Co-Chair, CLE Committee, Labor and Employment Law Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association
- Served on Bids for Kids
- Served on Flight for Sight with Prevent Blindness Oklahoma
- Volunteered with Edmond Meals on Wheels
- Volunteered with Youth Leadership Edmond
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Creditors Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association – Litigation Section
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Order of the Barristers
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Leadership in Law Award by The Journal Record
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers Magazine, Rising Star, 2009 to Present
- Who’s Who Among American Women
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Graduate – Leadership Edmond
Contact Courtney Davis Powell at 405.844.9900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.