Charissa Dvorak is a member of the firm’s Higher Education, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, and White Collar Crime practice groups. Her focus is on institutional responses to sexual misconduct.
Charissa assists clients such as universities, school districts, private schools, churches, youth-serving organizations, mission boards, non-profits and other institutions by directing investigations, reviewing and developing policies, and providing training and education. Charissa’s experience helps clients that need assistance with a range of legal issues from investigations that require navigating the complexities of Title IX, Clery and FERPA, to assisting organizations with implementing best practices so that processes, policies, and responses to misconduct can be coordinated and improved.
Highlights of Charissa Dvorak’s experience include:
- External Title IX Investigator and Adjudicator for high ranking NCAA Division I school.
- For over a decade, handled the investigation and prosecution of numerous crimes including child sexual abuse, sexual assault, child pornography, domestic violence, stalking, theft, drug violations, aggravated robbery, burglary, kidnapping, and capital murder. During her tenure, she litigated over 200 cases before juries and judges.
- Led an extensive investigation for a post-secondary institution regarding all known responses to allegations of sexual assault or abuse occurring during an 80 year time period.
- Led an investigation overseas pertaining to allegations of sexual misconduct made against an international mission organization’s Acting President.
MEMBERSHIPS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Poiema Foundation, Board of Directors, 2018-present
- Dallas Bar Association, Fee Disputes committee member, 2018-present
- Governor appointee to the Texas Council on Sex Offender Treatment, 2017-present
- Dallas Bar Association, Law in the Schools committee member, 2017
- Unauthorized Practice of Law Investigator, State Bar of Texas, 2016-present
- GRACE (Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment), Board of Directors, 2015-present
- Indiana Wesleyan University Adjunct Professor (taught courses on Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Homeland Security, and Ethical and Legal Aspects of Management), 2011-16
- Marion Philharmonic Orchestra board member, 2012-14
- National Association of Parliamentarians, 2010-present
- City of Waco Zoning Board of Adjustment, 2006-08
Contact Charissa Dvorak at 214.750.3683 or firstname.lastname@example.org.