Carrie Vaughn is a litigator focusing on complex litigation matters and appellate practice. Carrie helps her clients navigate through challenging legal and regulatory issues. Her practice includes business law, water law, oil and gas law, state and local government law, intellectual property law, environmental law and several others.
Carrie represents governmental, quasi-governmental and corporate entities on various issues including water law, utility regulation and environmental cleanup and Superfund matters. In addition, Carrie represents clients in all aspects of business litigation, including contracts, real estate, oil and gas and other business issues. She also serves as outside general counsel for business and governmental entities.
Carrie also represents clients on a wide variety of intellectual property issues. During law school she interned for a trail blazing Beverly Hills, California, entertainment litigation firm focusing on copyright, defamation, media and First Amendment law. While in California, Carrie studied at the Donald E. Biederman Entertainment and Media Law Institute at Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles.
Carrie has represented clients at the appellate level before the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals, Oklahoma Supreme Court, and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
Highlights of Carrie’s experience include:
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of defendant against a claim for surplus water and alleged antitrust violations.
- Served as Counsel for Special Investigative Committee for the Oklahoma State House of Representatives.
- Adjunct Professor, State and Local Government Law at Oklahoma City University School of Law.
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- 2009 graduate of Leadership Edmond
- Tenth Circuit Historical Society
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013, 2014 and 2015
Contact Carrie Vaughn at 405.844.9900 or email@example.com.