Carly Duvall defends public and private companies in high-stakes disputes and bet-the-company litigation. She is particularly adept at advising clients in all matters of personnel disputes including employment litigation, employee benefits suits, and internal investigations. Carly recognizes the sensitive and confidential nature of such matters and partners closely with each client to holistically advise on case strategy from intake to trial and appeal.
Carly is skilled in litigating employment disputes. She has experience with day-to-day employment and human resources counseling, including providing guidance on sensitive personnel issues, drafting and implementing employment policies, and analyzing and advising on non-compete and misappropriation issues. Carly is adept at navigating the myriad of federal and state employment laws and has litigated employment disputes in multiple state and federal jurisdictions.
A portion of Carly’s practice is also devoted to defending employers and plan administrators in employee benefit litigation. She has achieved multiple summary judgment victories on behalf of plan and claims administrators in federal district courts. Carly is dedicated to finding the best, and most cost-effective resolution to her clients’ disputes. She understands that sometimes the best strategy involves identifying and deploying a good business solution to a legal dispute, and is eager to help her clients achieve that result. In that vein, Carly has negotiated global class-action settlements to quickly resolve multi-jurisdictional employee benefit litigation.
Carly also counsels and advises clients in internal and government investigations related to compliance with applicable contracts and regulations. When guiding a client through an internal investigation, she thoughtfully develops and implements legal investigative strategies and coordinates defense strategies and tactics. Carly is mindful that investigations require more than just a legal strategy and response: she also advises her clients on implementation of critical response policies and protocols.
Presentations and Publications
- Author, “Effectively Resisting and Limiting Discovery,” For the Defense, April 2012
- Co-author, “Environmental Insurance,” New Appleman on Insurance Law Library Edition, Chapter 27, October 2010
- Author, “Making Friends of Foes: Integrative Bargaining in Labor Negotiations,” Journal of Dispute Resolution, 2009
- Nebraska Women’s Leadership Network
- Kansas City Sports Commission Young Professionals Board, 2013-Present; Vice Chair, 2018-Present
- Women’s Intersport Network Triathlon Planning Committee, 2015-Present
- Leadership Overland Park, 2015
- Impact KC, Events Committee Co-Chair, 2014-2015
- Ross T. Roberts Inn of Courts, 2013-2014
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2014-2016
Contact Carly Duvall at 816.292.8330 or email@example.com.
Click here to connect with Carly on LinkedIn.