Brian Poldrack guides clients through all aspects of civil litigation, appeals and alternative dispute resolution. With experience in complex civil trials, arbitration, mediation and appeals, he concentrates on the most effective and beneficial method of resolving his clients’ civil disputes.
His work largely focuses on commercial and employment law, including disputes in litigation and arbitration; drafting contracts, manuals and policies; and regulation compliance. Other areas of civil litigation include commercial and business torts; contracts, including construction, consumer and products law; and insurance law. Brian focuses not only on the strategic legal aspects of a legal dispute, but on how such disputes affect clients’ business and reputation to help them win their case without disruption of the work that matters most.
Brian also practices in the areas of trademark and copyright registration and maintenance through the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the United States Copyright Office, This work includes guidance concerning the development, registration and use of such intellectual property rights and handling disputes pertaining to trademark and copyright rights.
Highlights of Brian’s experience include:
- Represented top-level executive in employment contract dispute at trial and in appeal, resulting in substantial judgment against employer.
- Represented design and manufacturing company in large-scale products liability litigation.
- Represented several medical professionals with negotiation and drafting of employment contracts and non-compete clauses.
Presentations and Publications
- “The ERISA Remedies Loophole: How the Preemption and Remedies Provisions Allow Tortfeasors to Avoid Liability,” Houston Business and Tax Law Journal (2004)
- “Evolving Standards of Causation in Texas Asbestos Jurisprudence; Borg-Warner v. Flores and the Burden of Proof on Causation in Toxic-Dose Cases,” International Association of Defense Counsel, Toxic and Hazardous Substances Litigation Newsletter (September, 2007)
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Best Brief Award, John Black Moot Court Competition, 2002
- Runner up best brief, Texas Administrative Law Moot Court Competition, 2002
Contact Brian Poldrack at 713.212.2693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.