Brenden Desmond works with special districts all over Colorado so they can more efficiently and effectively serve their property owners and residents. Brenden relies on his experience assisting special districts such as metropolitan districts, fire protection districts, water and sanitation districts, business improvement districts, and intergovernmental authorities to ensure his clients’ unique needs are met. Focused on providing resource on both short- and long-term matters, Brenden helps special districts operate and maintain their public facilities, services, and programs to keep them running smoothly.
Highlights of Brenden’s experience include:
- Helped a water and sanitation district defend its rate setting structure from non-property owners
- Assisted a governmental entity in a contract dispute over public facilities
- Aided a water authority in a construction defect action related to a water tank
Presentations and Publications
- “Stopping CDARA Damages in their Tracks,” Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, December 17, 2020
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Finalist, Public Justice Trial Lawyer of the Year, 2017
- CLEA Award for Excellence in a Public Interest Case or Project, 2016
- Editor-in-Chief, The Wagner Review, 2014
- Managing Editor, Denver Journal of International Law and Policy, 2012
- Governor Love Scholar, 2011-2012
Contact Brenden Desmond at 303.839.3743 or firstname.lastname@example.org.