Breanna Spackler assists clients across a wide range of industries in complex civil and business litigation, including breaches of contract, business torts, and intellectual property disputes. Breanna’s analytical skills and attention to detail, along with her experience clerking for a federal judge, serve her clients well in all stages of the litigation process, including pre-suit negotiation, the preparation of pleadings, conducting factual investigation and discovery, engaging in motion practice, and trying cases to verdict.
Breanna has a track record of success in litigating claims in state, federal, and appellate courts. She has successfully obtained dismissals, summary judgments, and jury verdicts on behalf of her clients, which she has defended on appeal.
Breanna strives to understand her clients’ businesses and interests such that she can effectively and zealously assist her clients in all facets of litigation.
Highlights of Breanna’s experience include:
- Represented nationally-ranked building contractor in successfully obtaining summary judgment on a multimillion-dollar claim involving fraud, misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Represented family-owned printing and fulfillment business in successfully obtaining summary judgment on copyright infringement claim and, after a ten-day jury trial, a full defense verdict in favor of the client on all remaining claims and counterclaims, including breach of contract, violation of the Missouri Computer Tampering Act, conspiracy, and tortious interference.
- Represented global appliance parts distributor in obtaining favorable settlement in a case brought by a former employee alleging wrongful termination and involving counterclaims for computer tampering and breach of contract.
Presentations and Publications
- Note, “Equal Exposure” Brews Frustration for Employees: Court Filters Personal Comfort Doctrine Through Workers’ Compensation Amendments, 78 Mo.L.Rev. 573 (2013)
- Note, The USERRA Oxymoran: Termination as a Valid Reemployment Position, 78 MO.L.Rev. 1329 (2013)
- Graduated from Bar Leadership Academy
- Worked in conjunction with the Missouri Public Defenders Program in representing a client pro bono on murder charges
- Served as Court Appointed Special Advocate for four abused and neglected children
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Membership Committee, 2020
- Young Lawyers Section Board of Directors, 2017-2019
- Order of the Coif
Contact Breanna Spackler at 816.292.8487 or firstname.lastname@example.org.