Brad Cytron is a real estate attorney, helping both public and private entities in the acquisition, development, and disposition of office, retail, multi-family, hotel and industrial properties. He also represents clients in condominium development, land acquisition and assemblage, subdivision development, zoning and land use planning, tax-deferred exchanges, tenancy in common transactions, commercial leasing and other real estate and business matters.
Cytron also maintains a significant hospitality practice, and is co-chair of the firm’s Hospitality Practice Group. He regularly represents owners, developers, managers, and lenders all across the country in a variety of hotel transactions, including acquisition and sales, new development, project leasing and finance, land use and zoning, franchise matters, management agreements and construction contracts.
Cytron helps his clients finance and structure their deals, so they can complete their projects and run their operations efficiently. His experience in this area includes the representation of developers in connection with obtaining various tax and development incentives, including tax increment financing (TIF), tax abatement, sales tax exemption, and other forms of public financing, construction and permanent financing, and the representation of commercial borrowers in secured revolving credit and term loan facilities. He is also co-chair of the firm’s recently formed Opportunity Zone Practice Group and represents developers and investors in financing and structuring real estate projects to meet the requirements of a “Qualified Opportunity Zone Business” in accordance with Sections 14002-1 and 2 of the IRC.
He also handles a variety of general business matters and transactions, representing clients in areas such as entity formation and structuring, joint venture agreements, franchise agreements and area development agreements, licensing matters, supply and distribution contracts and exclusive sales agreements.
- Represented developer in the formation of a Qualified Opportunity Fund for the purpose of financing and developing a $70 million mixed use hotel and retail development in St. Louis, MO.
- Represented large hospitality company in the development of a mixed-use hotel, retail and condominium project, including the negotiation and documentation of a redevelopment agreement with the city and joint venture agreement with development company, the issuance of federal and state historic tax credits and TIF bonds to subsidize financing of project costs, obtaining Brownfield tax credits to subsidize environmental remediation, and the negotiation of a license agreement with large hotel chain.
- Represented “green” construction firm in the development of a Platinum LEED certificated mixed-use retail, office and residential development project in the City of St. Louis.
- Represented large St. Louis-based medical group in the acquisition and rezoning of property and the development, leasing and financing of a mixed-use medical building.
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Midwest Real Estate News®, Recognized as one of the top commercial real estate attorneys, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2016-2022
Contact Brad Cytron at 314.333.3916 or firstname.lastname@example.org.