Ayesha Mehdi focuses her practice on representing physicians, dentists, and other health care professionals, along with various health care and closely held businesses, in connection with corporate, transactional, and health care matters. She counsels clients on fraud and abuse; health information technology (HIT) and compliance, including the Stark II physician self-referral law, the Medicare/Medicaid anti-kickback statute, corporate practice and fee-splitting restrictions; antitrust; health information privacy and security (HIPAA and HITECH Act); and health care reimbursement. She is a member of the physician organizations group of the American Health Lawyers Association, the Health Care Compliance Association, the American Bar Association’s health and business law sections, and the State Bar of Nevada’s insurance and health law section.
Ayesha also represents pharmacies, wholesalers, PSAOs, and pharmacy alliances regarding license issues, Nevada state pharmacy laws, Board of Pharmacy issues, and state DEA issues. She is the Vice Chair of the American Bar Association Health Law Section’s Fraud and Compliance interest group and active American Health Lawyers Association Member, which selected her to its Leadership Development Program in 2019.
Prior to entering private practice, Ayesha served as a judicial intern for the Hon. Gloria Sturman in the Eighth Judicial District Court. Currently, she serves on the University of Kansas School of Law’s Board of Governors.
Presentations and Publications
- “Balance Billing, Upcoming Legislation: What it Means, What to Ask Your Physician,” Health Care Quarterly (Winter 2019)
- “Lawyers, Docs, and Money: The Health Care Lawyer’s Guide to Legal Ethics in Physician Transactions,” American Health Lawyers Association’s Fundamentals of Health Law Conference (Nov. 2019)
- “Understanding Physician Employment Agreements,” Nevada Medical Group Management Annual Conference (April 2019)
- “Taming Troublesome Terms: Solutions to Recurring Payer-Provider Contract Problems,” American Health Lawyers Association’s Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute (Jan. 2019)
- American Health Lawyers Association, Physician Organizations Group
- American Bar Association, Health and Business Law Sections
- State Bar of Nevada, Insurance and Health Law Section
- Clark County Bar Association
- MANAO Asian Women of Inspiration Award, 2020
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Health Care Administration and Policy, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2010-2012
Contact Ayesha Mehdi at 702.408.3416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.