Andy Federhar is a litigator, focusing his practice on complex litigation involving real estate, pharmaceuticals, government, telecommunications, procurement and insurance bad faith. An active member of Arizona’s legal community, Andy chaired the committee that created the complex litigation rules for state court, served as the chair of the lawyer delegates to the 9th Circuit Judicial Conference, and served on the committee that established Arizona’s commercial court rules.
He is highly involved in the community, having served on the Arizona Board of Regents, chaired the State Transportation Board, and served as special assistant to former Arizona Governor Bruce Babbitt. He also served as the founding chair of the Men’s Anti-violence Network.
Highlights of Andy’s experience:
- Turken v. Gordon, 223 Ariz. 342, 224 P.3d 158 (2010) Represented the city of Phoenix in further defining the constitutional limits on governmental economic development.
- ChartOne v. Bernini, 207 Ariz. 162, 83 P.·3d 1103 (App. 2004) Successfully represented document producers in a state-wide class action.
- Bard Peripheral Vascular, Inc. v. W.L. Gore, 586 F. Supp2d 1083 (D. Ariz. 2008) Served as co-counsel in the largest collected judgement in Arizona history.
To review Andy’s additional experience, please click here.
Presentations and Speaking Engagements
- Presenter, “Changes to the Rules of Civil Procedure,” Arizona District Court Conference, 2016
- Moderator, “Addressing Willful Patent Infringement in a Post C.R. Bard World,” American Bar Association Intellectual Property Roundtable, 2013
Memberships and Civic Involvement
- Member, Business Court Advisory Committee, Superior Court of Arizona
- Member, Citizens’ Committee on the Future of Phoenix Transportation
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Chairman, Arizona Supreme Court Committee on Complex Civil Litigation
- Past Chair, Arizona State Bar Legislative Committee
- Past Member, Judicial Performance Review Committee
- Past Chair, Legislative Committee, Arizona State Bar
- Past Chairman, State Board of Transportation
- Past Member, Arizona Board of Regents
- Former Special Assistant of the Chairman of the President’s Nuclear Safety Oversight Committee
- Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Intellectual Property, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, Litigation – Municipal, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants, Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2007-2018
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, 2016, 2019
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, General Litigation, 2007-2019
- Chambers USA, Leading Lawyers for Business, 2004-2018
- Arizona’s Best Lawyers, Commercial Litigation, 2011
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star, 2012-2017
- Benchmark Litigation, Future Star, 2011
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Contact Andy Federhar at 602.333.5430 or firstname.lastname@example.org.