Andrea P. Perry combines industry insights with responsive, considerate client service to help lending and financial institutions of all types navigate the complex regulatory landscape to achieve efficient, cost-effective transactions. She concentrates her practice in the areas of real estate, commercial lending, general corporate, and tax-exempt organizations.
Andrea represents financial institutions and borrowers in loan transactions involving all types of collateral and projects. She also provides general advice to business clients from basic entity formation through all phases of their growth.
As a real estate attorney, Andrea regularly handles matters related to the conveyance, acquisition, and development of commercial property, both new development and construction.
Her experience includes representing clients in connection with the development and acquisition of condominiums, apartments, office buildings, and other commercial properties. She also represents landlords and tenants, both public and private, in the negotiation of commercial leases for a wide variety of uses.
A lifelong resident of Tennessee, Andrea was born in Memphis, where she graduated from Central High School. Upon graduating magna cum laude from the University of Memphis, Andrea decided to go to law school to fulfill her elementary school dream. Her interest in law was sparked when, “I participated as a defense lawyer in a mock trial in the third grade.” She explains, “My client was Johnny B. Good, and he had been accused of burglary. Armed with a plastic briefcase and the facts, I was determined to prove his innocence. The trial lasted less than an hour. The verdict: NOT GUILTY. I loved every moment of it, and at that moment, I knew I wanted to be a lawyer.”
Andrea says the best part of being a lawyer is working with her clients. She says, “My clients entrust to me their secrets, their business, and their money in hopes that I will help them in such a way that their lives will be better … What a privilege, and one that I take seriously.”
Andrea finds joy in and devotes a good deal of time to charitable and community service efforts directed toward the uplifting of children and young adults.
In all that she does, Andrea strives to smile, always give her best effort, never miss a chance to play with her boys, give back to others, develop and search herself constantly in an effort to obtain greatness, be an advocate for those with no voice, and serve as a light for others.
Andrea’s favorite pastime is spending time with her family that includes her husband Phil, and two sons, Isaiah and Caleb. If it is a Saturday afternoon, you can probably find Andrea at a soccer game, alternating between cheering on Isaiah and chasing after Caleb. She says, “My boys (husband included) keep me young at heart and grounded. They are my daily reminder of what’s truly important in life.” One of her proudest moments was “having completed the American Stroke Association’s Disney Marathon (yes, 26.2 miles) with my husband, Phil, in honor of my mother, a stroke survivor.”
- Middle Tennessee Council Boy Scouts of America
- Board Member
- Vice President, Scout Reach Committee
- Board Member
- Chair, Governance Committee
- Industrial Development Board
- Nashville Children’s Theatre, Board Member
- Rotary Club of Nashville
- CABLE, Chair Athena Awards
- Lawyers Association
- Lawyers’ Association for Women
- Board of Directors
- Co-Chair, LAW Symposium 2019
- Past Co-Chair, Programs Committee
- Napier-Looby Bar Association
- Past President
- Napier-Looby Bar Foundation
- Chair, Banquet Planning Committee
- Tennessee Alliance for Black Lawyers
- Board of Delegates
- Chair, TABL Annual Conference Planning Committee
- Past President
- Nashville Bar Association
- Minorities Opportunities Commission
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law (“TBALL”) Class of 2008
- Tennessee Bar Association Fellow Class of 2017
- Board of Professional Responsibility, District Committee Member
- Fellow, Tennessee Bar Association, 2017
- Women of Influence, Nashville Business Journal, 2014
- Best of the Bar, Nashville Business Journal, 2018, 2015, 2013, 2009
- “40 Under 40,” Nashville Business Journal, 2013
- Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Rising Star, Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Athena Young Professional Award, 2012
- Nashville’s 25 Most Beautiful People, Nashville Lifestyles, 2012
- Outstanding Service Award, Napier-Looby Bar Association, 2011
Contact Andrea Perry at 615.238.6303 or email@example.com.