Allison Tanner is a transactional attorney focusing on real estate lending and commercial real estate transactions.
Allison facilitates communication between lenders and borrowers and helps her clients, whether lenders or borrowers, close their transactions with utmost efficiency. She represents lenders in all phases of lending, including commitments, loan closings, loan participations and syndications, loan workouts and foreclosures, and with other lending and transactional issues.
Allison also helps developers, lenders, borrowers, buyers and sellers of real estate with a huge variety of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, sales, leasing for retail, office, industrial (on both Landlord and Tenant sides) and multi-family transactions. Allison has experience with HUD-related multi-family affordable housing transactions and complex merger and acquisition transactions. With almost 20 years of intensive commercial real estate and finance experience, Allison can assist clients with virtually any transaction.
Highlights of Allison Tanner’s experience include:
- Representation of a national insurance company’s lending arm with respect to multi-family and office condominium loans from the Midwest to the East Coast over a 5 year period.
- Representation of an international paper company in connection with a $144M merger and acquisition of another paper company, as lead real estate counsel with a team of attorneys. The paper company to be purchased had been family owned since the 1930’s and had never had title work or a survey done of its real estate holdings, it utilized water from a river several miles away and had to depend on a network of easements and other agreements to get the water to the plant, and there was a related but separate chemical plant in the middle of the real property that we had to cut out of the deal and negotiate easements and other agreements to allow both plants to operate independently.
- Representation of an international movie theatre exhibition company in connection with a 350M sale-leaseback transaction of 17 of its owned movie theatres to a new real estate investment trust.
- Missouri Foreclosure – a Step by Step Guide, presented to the KCMBA on May 12, 2009
- Missouri Foreclosure – a Step by Step Guide, presented to the Missouri Bar via an interactive telephone seminar on June 3, 2009
- When Should a Business Hire an Attorney (with respect to leasing issues), presented to the Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce lunch and learn series on September 11, 2009
- Participated in speaking on Missouri foreclosure in connection with a continuing legal education seminar presented by KCMBA on managing distressed commercial real estate on September 29, 2009
- National Business Institute, Missouri Foreclosure, presented on December 11, 2009
- Member – Historic Downtown Liberty, Inc., 2009 to 2015
- Member – Advisory Council for Liberty Hospital Foundation, 2013
- Member – Board of Trustees for Liberty Hospital Foundation, 2014 to present
- Board Member – Liberty Rotary Club, 2012 to 2013
- Member – Liberty Rotary Club, 2009 to 2013
- Director of Membership for CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women, Kansas City chapter), 2011
- Co-Chair, Membership Committee for CREW, 2006 to 2010
- Co-Chair, Liberty Arts Squared Arts Festival Steering Committee, 2010 to 2014
- Member, Liberty Arts Squared Arts Festival Steering Committee, 2010 to 2015
- Clay County Economic Development Council (Marketing Committee Member), 2009
- Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce (Small Business Committee Member), 2009
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Board
Contact Allison Tanner at 816.292.8353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to connect with Allison on LinkedIn.