Allison Tanner assists clients in connection with acquiring, selling or merging businesses or assets, as well as financial and real estate transactions. She strategizes with clients to organize and coordinate all the details involved in large corporate or real estate transactions, and assists clients in developing solutions to their transactional issues. She advises business owners and assists them through consultation, education and interaction on all matters related to growing, selling and buying businesses.
Allison has an extensive background in commercial real estate development, commercial leasing, financing, and construction, and represents various local and national developers, landlord and tenants involved in office, industrial, retail and multi-family developments in Kansas and Missouri. Her role in such projects includes land acquisition or disposition, development, leasing for build to suit transactions, office developments, industrial parks and shopping centers throughout Kansas and Missouri. She has finance experience representing major institutional lenders in bridge, development and permanent loans, secured by retail, office, multifamily and other income producing properties. In addition, Allison handles foreclosures, and has been involved as a special trustee expert in foreclosure litigation.
Recent transactions include:
- acquisition of a funeral services company
- sale of a sheet metal and roofing company
- sale of a security services company
- sale of a fire safety equipment company
- purchase of a Connecticut manufacturing company by a Canadian purchaser
- development of an apartment complex in Kansas which included HUD and IRBs
- hotel rehabilitation project using state and federal historic tax credits
- Missouri Foreclosure – a Step by Step Guide, presented to the KCMBA on May 12, 2009
- Missouri Foreclosure – a Step by Step Guide, presented to the Missouri Bar via an interactive telephone seminar on June 3, 2009
- When Should a Business Hire an Attorney (with respect to leasing issues), presented to the Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce lunch and learn series on September 11, 2009
- Participated in speaking on Missouri foreclosure in connection with a continuing legal education seminar presented by KCMBA on managing distressed commercial real estate on September 29, 2009
- National Business Institute, Missouri Foreclosure, presented on December 11, 2009
- Member – Historic Downtown Liberty, Inc., 2009 to 2015
- Member – Advisory Council for Liberty Hospital Foundation, 2013
- Member – Board of Trustees for Liberty Hospital Foundation, 2014 to present
- Board Member – Liberty Rotary Club, 2012 to 2013
- Member – Liberty Rotary Club, 2009 to 2013
- Director of Membership for CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women, Kansas City chapter), 2011
- Co-Chair, Membership Committee for CREW, 2006 to 2010
- Co-Chair, Liberty Arts Squared Arts Festival Steering Committee, 2010 to 2014
- Member, Liberty Arts Squared Arts Festival Steering Committee, 2010 to 2015
- Clay County Economic Development Council (Marketing Committee Member), 2009
- Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce (Small Business Committee Member), 2009
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Board
Contact Allison Tanner at 816.292.8353 or email@example.com.
Click here to connect with Allison on LinkedIn.