With a focus on business transactions and financial services, Aaron Prenger keeps his clients informed of the latest legal trends as well as potential pitfalls associated with their respective businesses.
In his business transactions practice, Aaron helps businesses address corporate governance, contracting, insurance and liability issues. He reviews company agreements and third-party contracts and offers advice on drafting and negotiating contract language that will reduce exposure to vulnerabilities.
With nearly 10 years experience in the mortgage banking industry, Aaron counsels banks as they navigate the regulatory landscape in an effort to maintain compliance and operate at peak efficiency. Aaron counsels lenders on a variety of state and federal banking regulations including those governed by the CFPB and the OCC with an emphasis on Regulation Z (implementing the Truth in Lending Act) and Regulation X (implementing the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act).
Highlights of Aaron Prenger’s experience include:
- Helping small and medium sized businesses navigate various legal challenges and lawsuits related to issues such as intellectual property infringement, worker’s compensation claims, breach of contract, and others, by analyzing their concerns and utilizing the vast knowledge of the firm’s various practice groups to ensure that the client is getting expert advice in a timely manner and at a reasonable price.
- Drafted and negotiated purchase and sale contracts, terms and conditions documents, lease agreements, confidentiality agreements, and an array of other transactional documentation for a variety of clients including manufacturers, distributors, trade associations, consulting companies, and banks.
- Represented lenders with respect to loan defaults including collection and collateral liquidation efforts for both standard and SBA guaranteed loans.
- Conducted document review and advised clients with respect to corporate governance, business sale transactions, and capital investments.
- Represented banks in commercial loan transactions by drafting commercial loan documents, reviewing documents such as leases, title reports, surveys and corporate governance documents, and coordinating with borrower’s counsel and the title company to facilitate closing deadlines.
- Helped companies address insurance and liability concerns by offering a comprehensive review of all current insurance policies, and offering industry-specific advice on ways to save money by reducing unnecessary coverage and decrease liability exposure by addressing gaps in coverage.
- Provided startup advice for new business entities and assisted with business formation and governance issues including registration with pertinent governmental entities and drafting corporate governance documents.
- Kansas City Missouri Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce
Contact Aaron Prenger at 816.292.8365 or email@example.com.