Aaron Pawlitz is a transactional attorney focusing on publicly-traded and closely-held businesses, mergers and acquisitions, securities, real estate, and other commercial transactions. Aaron serves as Co-Chair of Spencer Fane’s Corporate and Business Transactions practice group and is a member of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
In his corporate law practice, Aaron guides business leaders and investors through regulatory, contractual, and deal-making landscapes so that they can achieve their objectives, pursue new opportunities, and move confidently through emerging challenges. He frequently represents buyers or sellers in merger and acquisition transactions and, since 2007, has worked with the transactional insurance products that facilitate those transactions. Those products include representations and warranties insurance, tax indemnity insurance, and intellectual property liability insurance, and the dollar value of the underlying transactions have ranged from $11 million to $27 billion. He also frequently represents clients analyzing their corporate finance options, including issuers in securities offerings.
In his real estate practice, Aaron helps owners, tenants, and investors realize the benefits of their real property assets so that they can move forward with developments and other projects, provide for the space needs of their workforce and customers, and achieve the desired return on their investment. Aaron enjoys working with the wide variety of professionals involved in real estate, and he understands that his clients’ successes in real estate deals hinge in significant part on his ability to deliver responsive, effective counsel. Although Aaron routinely counsels clients regarding office, warehouse, and retail leases, he also has worked on unique properties such as golf courses, baseball stadiums, and data centers.
Highlights of Aaron’s experience include:
- Represented an industry-leading managing underwriter of representations and warranties insurance policies on more than 200 merger and acquisition transactions.
- Represented an issuer in an approximately $150 million offering, the subscription funds from which offering were used to acquire distressed hospitality assets.
- Represented an issuer in a $3.5 million offering, the subscription funds from which offering were used in distillery operations.
- Represented an issuer in a $2.5 million offering, the subscription funds from which offering were used in connection with the development of opportunity zone real estate.
- Represented an issuer in an approximately $35 million offering, the subscription funds from which offering were used to develop a fantasy sports software platform.
- Represented an issuer in a $12 million offering of non-voting membership interests, the subscription funds from which offering were used to invest in a hospitality property located in an opportunity zone.
- Represented an issuer in a $10 million offering of non-voting membership interests and regarding warrants issued in connection with a related financing.
- Represented an issuer in a $35 million offering of non-voting membership interests, the subscription funds from which offering were used to invest in two hospitality properties located in one or more opportunity zones.
- Represented the offeror of certain cryptocurrency assets in determining whether, for U.S. securities law purposes, such offer was an offering of securities.
- Represented a fund operating in the senior living space on a $140 million offering.
- Represented an employer in an approximately $5 million Rule 701 compensatory benefit plan offering.
- Represented a fund operating in the hospitality space on a $100 million offering.
- Represented the founders of a distillery on a transaction in which the distillery accepted an approximately $3 million investment.
- Served as primary U.S. real estate, construction, and data center counsel for three global, publicly-traded companies.
- Assisted ownership group of a closely-held business with the acquisition, capitalization, and subsequent securities offerings of a highly-rated private golf course in the U.S. Mid-West.
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Board of Governors, Missouri Athletic Club (2016 – present)
- Board of Directors, Lutheran Family and Children’s Services of Missouri (2015 – 2018)
- Board of Directors, Christ Community Lutheran School (2012 – 2018); President (2015 – 2017)
- Class Agent, Saint Louis University School of Law Alumni Council (2004 – 2006)
- Attorney Volunteer, Volunteer Lawyers Program, Legal Services of Eastern Missouri (2003 – 2007)
- Preeminent AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® “Rising Star” 2010-2013
Contact Aaron Pawlitz at 314.333.3938 or email@example.com.