Stephanie is an associate practicing with Spencer Fane's Labor and Employment and Education Law groups. Her practice focuses on litigation on behalf of employers, with an emphasis on public school districts. Among other things, Stephanie handles lawsuits involving employment discrimination claims, non-compete agreements, employment contract disputes, special education disputes, and eminent domain.
Stephanie graduated from the University of Kansas School of Law, where she was the editor-in-chief of the Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy and was elected to The Order of the Coif. She received the law school's Faculty Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement. Stephanie also served as an intern under the Honorable David Waxse, United States District Court. While in law school, Stephanie and her moot court partner won second place at the National Criminal Procedure Competition in San Diego, California. Stephanie has degrees in journalism and political science from the University of Kansas, where she graduated with highest distinction.
- "Preventing Employment Discrimination Claims," Missouri School Boards Association, Lake of the Ozarks, MO, September 2012.
- "Disciplining Off Campus Speech,” Education Law Seminar, December 2011.
- "Service Animals,” Education Law Seminar, December 2011.
- “School District Civil Immunity,” Missouri School Boards’ Association Conference, Lake of the Ozarks, MO, October 2011.
- “Critical Legal Guidance for School Nurses,” 33rd Annual School Health Conference, Children’s Mercy Hospital, August 2011.
- "Student Expression: An Overview of Free Speech and the First Amendment," Missouri School Boards Association, Lake of the Ozarks, MO, October 2010.
Co-authored Missouri and Kansas chapters for Implementing Institutional Controls at Brownfields and Other Contaminated Sites, Second Edition, published by the American Bar Association.
Human Resource Solutions Blog