Nate Orr has built a substantial practice by following this simple advice. Know and help people. His goal is to connect clients with the very best attorneys available, no matter their business needs. Nate’s approach is to quarterback client relationships, providing clients with a single contact through which to direct all concerns and questions. Through this approach, Nate’s clients confidently receive unparalleled quality, efficiency and responsiveness. Nate wants clients to call him, knowing they will end up in the hands of the very best person to handle their issue — whether that is him or someone else.
In managing his client's relationships with the firm, Nate takes the primary role coordinating litigation and dispute resolution services. His practice focuses on financial services counseling and litigation, commercial litigation and employment litigation. He uses his litigation experience to counsel dozens of businesses and financial institutions, serving as coordinating counsel and providing strategy to restructure credits, protect assets and create new business relationships.
Nate’s employment work includes defending management against all types of discrimination and wage and hour claims, including class action and multiple employee cases, and litigation of numerous contracts, including non-competition and non-solicitation provisions. He also has significant experience and trial work litigating various business disputes, including a six-week jury trial in a $250 million real estate dispute involving complex municipal finance and creative damage theories.
He actively speaks on issues such as litigation avoidance and is a published author. Nate is committed to his clients and very involved in numerous charitable and civic organizations, but his strongest commitment is to his wife, Elizabeth, and their two children, Madeleine and Henry.
- Chairman of the Salvation Army Board for Western Missouri and Kansas
- Vice Chairman of Kansas City’s Downtown Council
- Executive Committee for the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA)
- Past President of KCMBA’s Young Lawyers Section Board
SPENCER FANE LEADERSHIP
- Chairman of Spencer Fane's Charitable Contributions Committee
- Business Development Committee
- Past Chairman of Hiring Committee
- Super Lawyer
- Ingram’s Magazine’s 40 Under Forty Award
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly Magazine’s 40 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce's Centurions Leadership Program
- KCMBA’s 2005 Young Lawyer of the Year Award
- Received his law degree, cum laude, from St. Louis University School of Law, where he served as a Faculty Fellow and was a member of the Alpha Sigma Nu National Jesuit Honor Society.
- Received his bachelor’s degree, with honors, from the University of Kansas.
- Read Client Kudos from Nate's client Enterprise Bank
Contact Nate Orr at (816) 292-8872 or
Click here to connect with Nate on LinkedIn.