Jim Dankenbring represents businesses in mergers and acquisitions, securities law, complex contract negotiations, and executive compensation.
He helps buyers and sellers, including senior management and investors, in connection with the acquisition, sale and recapitalization of businesses in industries such as health care, manufacturing and technology. He also guides issuers and investors in public and private debt and equity financings, credit facilities and other complex financing transactions.
Through his active participation in TAGLaw, Jim has developed personal relationships with lawyers around the world. As a result, he often represents parties in cross-border joint ventures and strategic alliances, including distributor agreements, product distribution and marketing agreements, franchise agreements, licenses and other complex agreements.
Highlights of Jim Dankenbring’s experience include:
Represented a large health care company in a minority recapitalization by a private equity firm.
Represented a private equity firm in a minority recapitalization of a food manufacturer.
Served as independent counsel in facilitating the merger of three nonprofit organizations.
Represented a multi-national manufacturer in connection with multiple business acquisitions, including the negotiation and preparation of executive employment agreements and a long-term incentive compensation plan.
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- 2013: Helping Your Client Buy or Sell a Small-to-Medium Business*
- 2009: Helping Your Client Select the Best Entity Option*
- 2007: Helping Your Client Buy or Sell a Small-to-Medium Business*
- 2007: Limited Liability Companies*
- 2006: Drafting LLP and LLC Agreements*
- 2006: Limited Liability Company Updates*
- 2005: Sound Advice: Helping Your Client Buy or Sell a Business in Missouri*
- 2005: Sarbanes – Oxley Act in Missouri (Lorman Education Services)
- 2005: The Ins and Outs of Limited Liability Companies in Missouri*
- 2004: Drafting LLC and LLP Agreements in Missouri*
- 2004: Limited Liability Companies in Missouri*
- 2004: Mergers and Acquisitions in Missouri: The Art of Doing Deals*
- 2003: Tax Issues in Missouri Mergers and Acquisitions*
- 2003: Drafting LLC and LLP Agreements in Missouri*
- 2003: Limited Liability Companies in Missouri*
- 2002: Mergers and Acquisitions in Missouri: The Art of Doing Deals*
- 2001: Due Diligence in Corporate Transactions for Missouri Paralegals*
- 2000: Exempt Organizations and Charitable Activities in Missouri*
- 1999: Present Co-Author, Non-Profit Corporations, Missouri Business Organizations, Volume II, The Missouri Bar
- 1999: Present Co-Author, Statutory Close Corporations, Missouri Business Organizations, Volume III, The Missouri Bar
*Sponsored by the National Business Institute
- Lutheran Foundation of St. Louis Board of Directors
- Lutheran Indian Ministries Board of Directors
- The Foundation for Called Workers Board of Directors
- Educational Enterprises, Inc. Board of Directors
- The Missouri Bar Board of Governors, 1996-1998
- Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch Foundation
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Louis Bar Foundation
- Westborough Country Club
- Missouri Athletic Club
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®
- 2014-2016 Best Lawyers®
Contact Jim Dankenbring at 314.333.3939 or