David Schatz leads the firm's Construction Group and assists contractors, owners and design professionals with all phases of the construction process. David drafts and negotiates contracts, advises clients on day-to-day business ventures, tries lawsuits, and is involved in arbitrations.
Working closely with the firm’s real estate team, David also assists clients with all phases of real estate development and construction.
David has extensive trial experience, and has first chaired multiple jury trials and arbitrations involving a variety of commercial disputes and tort claims.
Highlights of David Schatz’s experience include:
- Served as lead counsel on a trial team that obtained a jury verdict of $5 million against an insurance company on behalf of a contractor.
- Served as lead counsel on trial teams representing contractors in multimillion-dollar arbitrations and trials involving private and public projects.
- Obtained a multimillion-dollar settlement on behalf of an owner in a dispute with a national contractor.
- Serves as lead counsel and day-to-day advisor for financial institutions on local and national construction and real estate litigation issues.
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Board of Directors, 2007-present
- The Missouri Bar
- Roberts American Inn of Court
- Lawyers Encouraging Academic Performance, Board of Directors, 2010-present
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri Volunteer Attorney Project
- United Way of Greater Kansas City, Allocation Review
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, Construction Litigation, Rising Star, 2009, 2011
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, 2014, 2015
- Kansas City Business Journal Best of the Bar, 2014, 2015
Contact David Schatz at 816.292.8163 or
Click here to connect with David on LinkedIn.