Casey Murray helps employers manage difficult situations with their current and former employees. In this capacity, Casey defends employers in discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims, and provides guidance and counsel to clients dealing with challenging employment issues, such as terminations or discipline.
He also assists businesses dealing with OSHA-related employment investigations—such as whistleblowing allegations—by working with employers to develop effective and efficient responses to any charges.
In his litigation work, Casey frequently works with employers to draft and enforce non-compete agreements. In addition, he is an experienced appellate advocate who has argued before the Missouri Supreme Court and the Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District.
Highlights of Casey Murray’s experience include:
- Represents a construction contractor in defending charges of discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims filed by employees with the EEOC, the Missouri Commission on Human Rights, the Kansas Human Rights Commission, the NLRB, and the Department of Labor. Defended employer in multiple charges, including achieving a dismissal of a harassment claim in Missouri state court.
- Provides guidance and representation to a rural hospital in its defense against employment litigation, and assisted with negotiating severance packages to departing employees.
- Helped a tow truck company draft and defend its non-compete agreements against the violations of former employees.
- Represents a large health care placement company in drafting and defending its non-compete agreements, as well as litigating breach of contract issues arising out its client-service agreements.
- Co-Vice Chair of the Employment Law Committee for the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Heartland Labor & Employment Law Institute
- Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy graduate (2013)
Contact Casey Murray at 816.292.8133 or
Click here to connect with Casey on LinkedIn.