Andrew Brought counsels manufacturers, industrial clients, and businesses with complex environmental, health, and safety matters. He is a solutions-oriented advocate who understands the regulatory landscape to enable his clients to stay focused on what they do best.
Andrew has extensive experience with contaminated site redevelopment and the cleanup and reuse of legacy/Brownfield sites, allowing these properties to be put back to productive use. His work on Superfund and related RCRA sites includes national representation of a telecommunications company with a portfolio of sites throughout the United States. He works with property owners, developers, and financial institutions in achieving their transactional goals, through voluntary cleanup programs, the use of institutional controls and related risk-based cleanups, or by managing risk through other mechanisms such as contractual obligations and insurance.
Andrew also helps businesses obtain and comply with operating permits and the environmental and OSHA regulations in a variety of industries and sectors including: aircraft, chemicals, construction, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, refining and pipelines, retail and shopping centers, and waste management. He has particular expertise with chemical accident prevention programs, including EPA’s RMP program and OSHA’s PSM program.
In addition, Andrew helps his clients manage and reduce environmental liability through his significant experience in civil and criminal enforcement matters associated with the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, RCRA, EPCRA, OSHA, and related environmental, health and safety laws. He also assists his clients by conducting compliance audits and internal investigations when appropriate. And in those situations where win-win outcomes are not achievable, he helps his clients litigate and resolve environmental disputes.
- Represent lead-acid battery recycling facility, including air, water, and waste permitting and compliance and enforcement matters.
- Successful defense of EHS Manager of metal plating facility in criminal investigation.
- Represented chemical manufacturing plant in the recycling of a corrosive chemical byproduct through the beneficial reuse of the material in other applications and, thus, minimizing the generation of hazardous waste from the facility and promoting resource recovery efforts.
To review Andrew Brought’s additional relevant experience, please click here.
Professional and community involvement:
- Vice Chair for the American Bar Association’s SEER Environmental Enforcement and Crimes Committee
- Board of Directors for the Air and Waste Management Association, Midwest Chapter
- Board of Directors for the Highlawn Montessori School
- Leadership positions at St. John’s United Methodist Church
- Youth baseball and soccer coach
Contact Andrew Brought at (816) 292-8886 or